Posted by: Daryl & Wendy Ashby | May 31, 2010

Personal Property Register

If  a departed tenant left property of some value behind, before disposing of it, you need to check with the BC Government’s Personal Property Registry to determine if there is anything owing on the property.

They same would apply if you are purchasing goods such as an appliance, tv or car from a facility specializing in used products or a private individual.

This is designed to protect you in the event, for example, the tenant has a loan against that old car for which you could become liable if you simply dispose of it without checking.

The Victoria phone number of the Registry recently changed to 250 952 7976. The Vancouver number remains unchanged at 604 775 1042.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: